I recently spent 3 weeks in hospital recovering from a complication lung infection stemming from Pulmonary Emobolisms and Pneumonia, followed by another 3 weeks under their care from home. In that time I read and watched a bunch so I thought I would share it here.
- Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel. A great read – probably my favourite of hers so far.
- I am NOT fine thanks by Wil Anderson. Funny throughout – but also more thought provoking and interesting than I expected.
- Cobalt Blue by Matthew Reilly. It was good, dumb, entertaining fun.
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman. Finally got around to this and loved it. Suitably disturbing, creeping, but optimistic and lovely.
- Obviously Awesome by April Dunford.
- Sorrow and Bliss by Meg Mason
- Blade Runner. The overall pacing and tone felt so understated compared to modern action/thriller films – but visually and aesthetically it is absolutely fantastic.
- Last Night in Soho. Really enjoyable even though it had a really different vibe for an Edgar Wright film.
- Picard S1-3. The first season was fantastic television (separate to being a Star Trek series). Following series still more enjoyable but headed more into nostalgia…
- Good Omens S1. So good. Can’t wait for season 2.
- Station Eleven. Quite different to the book in many ways – but this was a nice slow burn with a fulfilling conclusion.
- The Night Manager. Very dry – but I enjoyed it. Laurie and Hiddlestone were both fantastic throughout.
- Succession S1-4. Thoroughly enjoyable to binge – entertaining, funny, tense, and addictive. But having seen it through – I have no desire to rewatch it.
apparently I was really keen for shows adapted from books…